Left overs are often seen as a bit dull, a bit rubbish. But I don’t believe that, they are just great ingredients already prepared for another fantastic meal.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced finely
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small can water chestnuts, drained finely sliced
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 4-6 tbsp left over gravy
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce (Gluten-Free)
- 200-250g left over cooked chicken, roughly chopped or pulled apart
- Heat the oil in a wok, then add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook over a high heat to get a little colour.
- Next add the chestnuts and spinach and wilt, and then add the chicken and just warm through.
- Finally moisten with a little gravy and soy, just enough to coat everything; you will be surprised how little you need.
- Season well and serve straight away.