- For the dipping sauce:
- 120g crunchy peanut butter
- Pinch chilli powder
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander, optional
- For the skewers:
- 2 skinned chicken breasts, each cut into 6 thin strips
- 6 slices air-dried ham, each cut into 2 length ways
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the skewers in cold water.
- To make the sauce, place the peanut butter, chilli powder, 8-10 tablespoons water and the lemon juice in a small pan and gently heat until you have a sauce consistency. Add the coriander, transfer to an air-tight lidded container and chill until needed.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers, then wrap the ham strips around the chicken. Secure either end of the ham on the skewer.
- Lightly oil the chicken and the barbecue with a little oil dabbed onto kitchen paper. Season the kebabs and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Serve hot with the chilled peanut sauce separately. You may need to add a little water to the sauce to thin it out after it has been chilled