The secret to a great pesto is simple fresh ingredients, this will not disappoint and its Gluten-Free, of course.
- 150g fusilli pasta (this will give you 300g cooked pasta)
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- cut into 2-3 cm cubes and cooked,cooled
- 150g long green beans
- cut into 3cm pieces and cooked then cooled under cold water
- For the Dressing
- 2 pots fresh basil
- 20g Parmesan cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6-7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- To Serve
- Extra Parmesan cheese
- Few extra basil leaves
- Pre heat the oven 200°C gas 6.
- Place the pine nuts on a tray and bake until lightly browned, but not burnt. Then cool.
- This will increase their flavour.
- Place the shallots, garlic, pepper, coriander, cheese, chilli and salt into a food processor.
- Add half the oil and blitz until fairly smooth.
- Gradually add the oil until you have a thickish sauce, add more or less oil until you get the right consistency.
- Spoon into a bowl, taste and adjust with salt and pepper, sometimes a squeeze or tow of lemon brings out the flavour.