Not a true authentic Carolina slaw, but delicious nevertheless, add to the cabbage and leave for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Don’t be fooled, this dressing is very light and should not be thickened. Best made the day before.
- 250g white cabbage, sliced very finely on a Japanese mandolin
- 250g red cabbage, sliced very finely on a Japanese mandolin
- 1 large, sweet onion, very finely sliced
- 250mls cider vinegar
- 250mls white wine vinegar
- 300mls water
- 200mls tomato ketchup
- 75g dark brown sugar
- 4 level tsp dried chilli flakes
- 75mls olive oil
- salt to taste
Mix the cabbages and onion together well.
Mix all the ingredients up for the marinade, and pour over the cabbage, really mix well.
Check the seasoning, you may need to adjust with salt slightly