A simple, tasty and absolutely essential partner to roast beef.
- 225g flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 pint milk
- Salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C, Gas 7.
- Place the eggs, flour and half the milk into a bowl and mix well.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk until you have a smooth batter, then strain.
- Fill each one of the Yorkshire pudding tins one third full with oil.
- Pop into the oven and heat until just smoking, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the batter and fill right to the top.
- Carefully place in the pre-heated oven and cook for 5 minutes, then turn down the oven to 200°C, Gas 6 and continue to cook for a further 30 minutes, or until well risen and golden.