I think its really tasty, not only is it good for the real Christmas lunch, but it can be used for Boxing day bubble and squeak.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 50 mls olive oil
- 1 Savoy cabbage, very finely shredded
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter and oil in a large tray until it is just bubbling, add the onion and rosemary season well and stir over a medium heat for about 10 -15 minutes to soften.
- Carefully add the cabbage and stir fry over a high heat for a further 15 minutes, until the cabbage softens.
- Tip out into a colander and drain well, repeat the process until the right amount of portions have been cooked.
- Its essential that the cabbage is soft, not too undercooked.