Fun lunch box or party food is worth its weight in gold. When I whip up a batch of these, I even get the kids to lend a hand with stirring the mixture. They love it, fighting over who gets to lick the bowl.
- 100g (3½ oz) butter
- 100g (3½ oz) caster sugar
- 85g (3oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 100g (3½ oz) raisins
- 85g (3oz) crisp puffed rice
- You will also need a greased and lined 20cm (8) square tin
- In a large, non-stick saucepan, melt the butter and sugars over a low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved, stirring continuously.
- Add the condensed milk and golden syrup and gently bring to the boil, stirring.
- Simmer for exactly 1 minute, then stir in the raisins and puffed rice.
- Pour into the prepared tin and leave to set in a cool place.
- When cool, cut into squares.