- 1kg pumpkin peeled and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 4 large onions, again peeled and chopped into roughly 1cm pieces
- 250g Demerara sugar
- 2 large Bramley apple chopped into 1cm pieces
- 3 medium red peppers chopped into cm pieces
- 200g plump sultanas
- 500mls mls cider vinegar
- 500mls apple juice
- 4 heaped tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Salt the pumpkin and leave in a colander overnight.
- Rinse well the next day.
- Add all the ingredients together and cook over a low heat until thick, but soft consistency.
- Season well and store in jars.
- Leave in the fridge for 1 week then eat.