An Italian favourite, simple and quick to whip up at the drop of a hat!
- 4 large egg yolks
- 175g (6oz) Carnation Condensed Milk
- 100ml (3½floz) sweet dessert wine (e.g. Sauternes
- 350g (12oz) mixed berries (e.g. raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Put the egg yolks, condensed milk and the wine into a heatproof glass bowl.
- Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water; so that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Using a hand held, electric mixer, whisk for about 5 minutes, until thick and foamy. Remove from the heat.
- Wash the berries and halve the strawberries. Mix the berries together and divide between four dessert glasses.
- Pour the foamy sauce over the fruit and serve warm.