Try a slice of this zesty pie - it sets without the need for gelatine!
- 250g (9oz) digestive biscuits
- 100g (3½oz) butter, melted
- 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- finely grated zest and juice of 5 large limes
- 300ml carton double cream
- To decorate:
- 30g (1oz) bitter chocolate (70% cocoa solids), melted
- 6-8 thin lime wedges and slivers of zest
- You will also need a 20cm (8) loose-bottomed cake tin, greased
- To make the base: blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they are like fine crumbs and then combine with the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the base and 4cm (1½") up the sides of the tin.
- Chill the base while you make the filling.
- Whisk together the filling ingredients until thick and creamy.
- Spoon over the biscuit base and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and leave to set.
- Before serving, decorate with the lime wedges and the zest.