Here's a recipe you may have seen me making on This Morning, now is your chance to try it.
- 125g castor sugar
- 100mls cold water
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 1 x 397g tins condensed milk
- 300mls double cream lightly whipped
- 50g lemon juice
- 250g crumbled Christmas cake
- 2 tbsp brandy, optional
- Sprinkle the brandy over the crumbled Christmas cake and leave to soak in.
- Place the sugar and water into a pan and dissolve over a low heat.
- Once dissolved, turn up the heat and boil for 4 minutes, bang on.
- At the 3 minute mark start whisking the egg yolks on the machine until thick.
- As soon as the sugar is ready, remove the pan from the stove.
- Whilst still whisking, add about ½ of the sugar to the yolks and whisk very well.
- The yolks will fluff up very quickly, keep whisking for about 30 seconds then add the rest of the sugar.
- Whisk on a high speed until cool, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Condensed milk, cream and lemon juice and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Finally add the chopped Christmas cake and stir well.
- Freeze overnight.