think the combination of bananas and fudge is a real winner. Eaten on its own, or with fresh fruits, this ice cream is extremely satisfying _and you don't need an ice cream machine to make it.
- 100g (3½oz) caster sugar
- 2 large
- firm bananas, chopped into small pieces
- juice of a large lemon
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 1tbsp ground cinnamon
- 300ml carton double cream, lightly whipped
- 300ml carton single cream
- 200g (7oz) fudge, finely chopped
- Place the sugar in a thick bottomed saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramel brown in colour.
- Add the chopped banana and lemon juice and mix well. Cook over a gentle heat for 2 inch“3 minutes, until the caramel and banana softens, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix together the condensed milk, cinnamon and creams, add the caramel banana mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow plastic box and freeze until slushy (about 2 inch“3 hours). Beat the mixture with a fork, then stir in the fudge pieces.
- Freeze again overnight.