- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Green pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 225g/8oz Long grain rice
- 15ml/1tbsp Ground paprika
- 2.5ml/1/2tsp Saffron strands or ground turmeric
- 1 x 396g Can chopped tomatoes
- 450ml/3/4pt Chicken stock
- 175g/6oz Frozen peas
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft. Add the garlic and green pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the paprika, saffron or turmeric and rice and stir until coated with oil. Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Remove the lid and stir in the SPAM® and peas. Season to taste. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Serve immediately.